Wednesday, October 6, 2010

More useful language for Academic IELTS Writing Task 1.

Today's best IELTS tip is about useful language for describing graphs in IELTS Academic Writing Task 1

Students often express their concerns about what to do when a graph does not show precise data.  I give them the following  list of phrases that express approximation:

  • just under
  • well under
  • just over
  • well over
  • roughly
  • nearly
  • approximately
  • around
  • about

Remember that it isn't necessary to use all the phrases but at the same time, you should try to get some variety in your IELTS Writing.

 

For speaking test tips, why not download my free IELTS Speaking report; Speaking Test Tips from an IELTS Tutor.  I'm sure you'll find it useful!

If you're enjoying my best IELTS tips, why not look me up on 'youtube'.  My channel is 'bestieltsonline'.

 

Alanna

 

No comments:

Post a Comment