Monday, January 17, 2011

An overview of the IELTS Test.

Experience has taught me that for some people the best IELTS test description would be in a visual format.  For this reason, I am giving you this simple diagram of an overview of the IELTS test.

As can be seen the Academic IELTS Test and the General Training Test share the same listening test and the same speaking test.  The reading test and the writing test is similar for both in that both Academic and General Training have the same number of questions, word limits and prescribed timing.

It should be noted, however, that the Academic Reading Test and the Academic Writing Test are more challenging than their General Training counterparts and you therefore should make sure that you are taking the module best suited to your needs.

For speaking test tips, why not download my free IELTS Speaking report; Speaking Test Tips from an IELTS Tutor.  I'm sure you'll find it useful!

If you're enjoying my best IELTS tips, why not look me up on 'youtube'.  My channel is 'bestieltsonline'.

Alanna

 

No comments:

Post a Comment