Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The best phrases for IELTS Speaking Test Part 3

Today's best IELTS tip is about IELTS Speaking Test Part 3.

In Speaking Part 3, the Examiner asks you about more abstract aspects of a topic.  You can often extend your replies by talking about the advantages and disadvantages of something.  You can also discuss the arguments for and against it.

In this post, I'd like to give you some useful phrases for IELTS Speaking Part 3::

Arguing for something

  • I think it's a good idea because.........
  • There's a lot to be said for it; for example..........

Arguing against something

  • I'm completely against it because.............
  • There are too many disadvantages / drawbacks / dangers such as.......

Not sure

  • I'm not sure.  You could say ..., but ....
  • It's hard to say.  One way of looking at it is....., but.......

Remember, as with any suggested phrases I give you, you need to learn how to use the phrases in context.  They also need to be used naturally.  Finally, you can modify the phrases as you see fit.

For more speaking test tips, why not download my free IELTS Speaking report; Speaking Test Tips from an IELTS Tutor.  I'm sure you'll find it useful!

If you're enjoying my best IELTS tips, why not look me up on 'youtube'.  My channel is 'bestieltsonline'.

Alanna

 

No comments:

Post a Comment