Thursday, October 14, 2010

IELTS in the U.S.A.?

Today I came across an article which I think might be the best IELTS news for many people.

I found this article on the MBA Admissions Program at Indiana University and was pleasantly surprised to read that they are not accepting IELTS as well as TOEFL.  Could this be the beginnings of a trend developing in the U.S.?

IELTS has always traditionally been the test used in the UK, Australia, New Zealand and Canada, whereas American institutions have always favoured TOEFL.  I have been hearing whispers for some time now that IELTS is maybe creeping in to the U.S. and this article is promising.

I know that many of my students found this good news indeed; it means they only need to sit one English language test when applying for study overseas.

Read the article here:

http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/content/sep2010/bs20100922_473680.htm

For speaking test tips, why not download my free IELTS Speaking report; Speaking Test Tips from an IELTS Tutor.  I'm sure you'll find it useful!

If you're enjoying my best IELTS tips, why not look me up on 'youtube'.  My channel is 'bestieltsonline'.

 

Alanna

 

No comments:

Post a Comment